Real-time tracking and positioning

Hi,

In this blog, I will showcase two investigations that I have conducted to remove the doubt that my code is not the root of the delay issues that I have faced when sending trajectory commands to the robot's controller.

To move the robot to the specified position I am using a function called compute_cartesian_path which computes and executes a plan of waypoints from its current pose to the target pose.

The videos below illustrates a simple tracking of the puck and positions the end-effector to the y-coordinate of the puck. To avoid the robot from jittering, I appended 5 positions of the puck in a list and took the average of the list using mean and weighted average.

As I am taking an average of positions, the robot may not initially exactly move to the puck's position, however, it will move there in the end.


Tracking and Positioning using a mean average

Tracking and Positioning using a weighted average

As shown in the videos above, both investigations showcased similar behaviours. There is delay between the end position of the puck and when the robot actually starts moving. I believe its not to do with my code but the robot's motion and how ROS sends trajectories to  the robot's controller.

Next week, I will implement my trajectory prediction algorithm, hoping that the algorithm can compensate with the robot's delay.

Immanuel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Test - Relationship between Accuracy and Angle