Creating static frame in ROS

Hi,

This week, I created a node that publishes a frame to reference the robot's end-effector positions. Following these tutorials, I succeeded in creating a static frame in ROS and learned about tf transforms.

Coordinate Frame Tree

Update 25/03/19

After playing around with tf transforms, I faced problems of converting poses between frames due to time issues i.e. the rate that each transforms are published. Therefore, I plan on using offsets for now to progress further on my project.

In addition, I have 3-D printed mounts to fix the air-hockey table onto the table that the ABB is mounted on. This will remove the need of calibrating the system to find where the air-hockey table is in reference to the robot.

Immanuel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Test - Relationship between Accuracy and Angle