Moving ABB by joint positions

Hi,

I cloned the official ROS-Industrial ABB experimental meta-package which offers various launch files to get started with the ABB IRB 120 using ROS such as connecting to the real robot.

Using the moveit_planning_execution.launch provided by the package, I could connect to the real robot and run my own code. In addition, the robot's trajectory can be visualise in RViz before sending commands to the real robot.

After playing around with the Moveit! Python Interface, I programmed the ABB IRB 120 by specifying a joint angle to rotate as shown in the video below. Although, I plan on only using this method at the start of the program to make the robot's tool flange parallel to the air-hockey table.


Moving the ABB by joint positions

If I don't specify the rotation before moving the robot to positions, the robot could possibly collide onto the table. The robot would look like the image below.

Directly specifying position without making tool0 parallel to table

 Immanuel




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Started with ABB & ROS Industrial

Introduction