Following the puck's y-coordinate

Hi,

This week I have explored ways to defend the robot's goal. I have followed a tutorial to create a game using the turtle module on Python. The tutorial is a two-player pong game that uses keyboard keys to move the paddle. Click here to view the tutorial.

I have amended the tutorial to program the paddles to move autonomously.

Video of two softbots following the ball and playing with each other

The video above shows two softbots playing with each other. I programmed the paddles to follow the y-coordinates of the ball and move accordingly. Although, this is not trajectory prediction, it is a plausible solution to defend the robot's goal.

However, with all robotic systems in simulation and the physical world, I expect that the robot will not be able to move in relation to the speed of the ball. I have to explore a method to predict the location of the ball in the y-axis given an x-coordinate to avoid moving the robot when it is not needed.

Immanuel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Test - Relationship between Accuracy and Angle