Installing ROS & OpenCV

Hi!

I have successfully installed ROS Kinetic and OpenCV on a Raspberry Pi 3 with an OS of Raspbian Stretch. The whole process took more than a day!

I initially installed OpenCV by cloning the official repository from its GitHub page, however I had problems compiling cv_bridge when installing ROS due to version issues. Therefore, I had to install OpenCV version 3 from source, as the previous version 2.4.9.1 was not accepted.

As I used a Toshiba Exceria 16GB SD Card, I only had 500MB left after installing OpenCV, therefore I removed the LibreOffice packages, MineCraft Pi and Wolfgram Engine to free up some disk space.

Listed below are the two main websites I followed for instructions:
Immanuel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Test - Relationship between Accuracy and Angle