Circle Detection using the Hough Algorithm

Hi,

Today, I tried detecting the puck using OpenCV's built-in Hough Circle function to detect circles within the camera frame. Initially, this method seemed like a better idea as colour detection is dependent on environmental changes such as lighting.

However after testing this algorithm, I found few problems that altered my decision of using this method. For example, the camera would pick up multiple circles that are difficult to filter such as the design of the table's surface as shown in the video below.

Video showcasing the Hough Circle algorithm

A possible solution is replacing the table surface to remove the circle design. However, I currently don't have any plans on modifying the table, therefore, I plan on testing colour detection in the near future.

Immanuel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Test - Relationship between Accuracy and Angle